ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

in and out points in source and playback

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Bonnettin and out points in source and playback
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 2:44:18 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way to set Premiere up so that when I'm looking at a clip in the viewer I can mark an in and an out point for a section I like but then continue to play the clip outside of those in and out points.

At present if I put an in and an out point in a clip whenever I hit spacebar the playhead jumps to the in point and plays from there. I just want to be able to double check a couple of other bits of the clip without loosing the in and out points and having to resort to markers/subclips etc etc

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: in and out points in source and playback
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 4:33:09 pm

That is normal behavior in the preview window. But you should be able to use your JKL keys to maneuver to areas before and after your edit points.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Matt GaluszewskiRe: in and out points in source and playback
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 11:52:48 pm

This is not the behaviour on my Mac with CC2015.1

If I mark an in and an out I can press the spacebar and it continues from where the playhead is. It does not jump back to the in point and begin playing.

In the bottom right of the viewer there is a WRENCH icon. Ceck that the LOOP playback isn't ticked in the drop down menu.

Return to posts index

John HaptasRe: in and out points in source and playback
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 11:04:50 pm

I take it that it is not possible to both have loop enabled (useful in trim mode) AND be able to have the spacebar toggle playback from the position indicator rather than play in-to-out? i.e. to be able to play from the position indicator by hitting the spacebar when I have in and out points I have to deselect the loop function, and then re-enable it if I want to loop in trim mode?

Return to posts index

Bob PierceRe: in and out points in source and playback
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 1:07:17 pm

In your keyboard layout you can assign a key to "play in to out". I have mine set to f6 (a vestige of the Media 100 days). Use it all the time.
Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]