ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

All audio is distorted when imported into Adobe Premiere Pro.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce EisenmengerAll audio is distorted when imported into Adobe Premiere Pro.
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 1:22:57 am

I have imported audio/video from too different cameras and music from my iTunes and it is all distorted even when its not clipping. Im looking for a solution?

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: All audio is distorted when imported into Adobe Premiere Pro.
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:35:27 am

Welcome to the forum, Bryce. Here are some questions to help you troubleshoot the problem:

File info:
- What are the different file formats for the source files including codec, wrapper, sampling frequency, and bitrate? (e.g. "MP3 audio file, 44.1kHz, 320kbps, 2-channel stereo") Software such as MediaInfo can help provide this information if you do not have it available otherwise.

Verify whether the clips are good:
- How does the audio sound when played in the cameras or in a separate device like a pod player or smartphone?

Check the computer:
- How does the audio sound when played with a media player such as VLC, QuickTime, or Windows Media Player?
- Does other audio play on the computer without issue? If not, what is your audio setup?

Check the software:
- What version of Premiere Pro are you using?
- Have you tried playing the problem clips in another Adobe application such as Audition or After Effects?
- How do other (good) clips sound when played in the Premiere Pro Source Monitor or when inserted into your project timeline?

Check the clips in Premiere Pro:
- How does the audio sound when the problem clips are played in the Source Monitor?
- What is the audio sampling frequency of your Premiere Pro timeline?
- What do the audio waveforms look like when the problem clips are inserted into the timeline?
- Have you applied any audio effects?
- Are there multiple audio clips playing at the same time within the sequence?

Please take a look at your post again. It states, "I have imported audio/video... it is all distorted... I'm looking for a solution." It is difficult to find a solution without any information about the problem or what tactics you have tried to resolve the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]