ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Cross Dissolves Disappearing from Timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ParkhurstCross Dissolves Disappearing from Timeline?
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 6:48:08 pm

Anyone have any issues with cross dissolves disappearing from their timeline? This just started happening recently to me. Am editing a long form project- with many many hours of footage- on a Mac running OS X Yosemite. I am noticing that any time I move my whole timeline forward via the Track Tool - or even just a few clips forward - my cross dissolves simply disappear. Just gone. Kaput. Bit frustrating, to say the least, to have to re-add cross dissolves throughout the edit, simply because I've moved clips on the timeline.

I've tried saving as a new project, duplicating the sequence, copy and pasting the clips into a new sequence, but to no avail.

Seems like some classic Premiere Pro funky bugginess... any ideas?

In advance, thanks for any input! :)

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Cross Dissolves Disappearing from Timeline?
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:24:57 pm

Strange behavior like that is often a result of some corruption with your media cache. You can clean them by using the clean button in app prefs > media. Or you can go to the path listed there and delete them all manually. Beware the second method though because it really will delete all your cache files and not just the ones for whatever project you're in.

Software Quality Assurance - Digital Video at Adobe Systems

Return to posts index

Chris ParkhurstRe: Cross Dissolves Disappearing from Timeline?
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 10:31:01 pm

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah, I've actually done both of these methods already. I should have stated that in the above description. It's always with these longer form projects that Premiere tends to get super buggy, less so the smaller ones. Curious: do you like to put your Media Cache on your internal computer drive or place on an external drive where, perhaps, the project and footage lives? Know if it makes any difference?

Thanks again, and if you've got any other suggestions, I'd be super appreciative!

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]