ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
batya lewbelAdobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 7:19:15 am

So I googled this problem and could not find any working solutions.

The issue: We just got a new mac computer set up in my office and put the newest Adobe CC 2015 version on it. It's a new computer so there's no issue with full caches or something. The old computer in my office was a mac with Adobe CS6 so I am familiar with some of the basics here but today I started a new project, imported all the footage and worked on it for a good 2 hours with no issues before this began.
Out of nowhere Adobe would not allow me to move clips on the timeline. It also wouldn't let me add new clips to the timeline but the main issue was that everything on the timeline was acting like it was locked which it wasn't.
Also when I tried to do a drag edit(Im not sure what else to call that but when you manually drag the edge of the clip to where you want it to start or end?) When I tried this the entire timeline would just scroll in the opposite direction from where I was dragging my edit.
Please tell me there is some CC setting I can toggle to make it stop this crap because it put my workflow at a dead halt today.
I tried toggling the timeline locks. Disabling and re enabling the correct video and audio lines. I started a new project and tried it there(in a new project I couldn't even pull footage onto the timeline). I restarted Premier and I restarted the computer and nothing worked. Nor did any of the suggestions I found online.
Please help, our tech guy just went away for Christmas.

(also Im not at the office so I can't send you a screencap)

Return to posts index

Mike RaffertyRe: Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 9:44:12 am

Premiere 2015 has been pretty buggy for me too. I've spent many chat sessions with Adobe support the last few weeks/months. A temporary solution(until they fix this $h!t) is to basically do a clean uninstall /reinstall using the Adobe cloud app.

If you're hesitant to do it, because I was, they also suggested renaming all Adobe folders to "old Adobe" and relaunch Premiere. This is essentially the equivalent of deleting all your preferences. I'm referring to the folders inside of application support, documents, preferences etc... Also make sure you have updated all your software both Mac and Adobe. I would also remove any add on plugins too if you have them.

It's messed up, but that's the only way I could get back to sane editing. These latest updates have been killing my workflow as well. Too bad we can't get reimbursed for all the lost time.

Any further help needed should come from Adobe support. I hope that by making them aware of these issues, they will get around to fixing them. Good luck.

Return to posts index

batya lewbelRe: Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 5:31:43 pm

Thank you for your suggestions.
First off which Adobe folders? All of them? Or just the ones created in association with my project?
And also wouldn't this be only a super temporary solution? This problem started after 2 hours of me using the program for the first time on a new computer. Wouldn't this problem just start again in 2 hours?
Also I'm not sure I can uninstall and reinstall when my company had to purchase a very specific number of licenses(I don't believe we bought the disk version) but again that seems like a really temporary solution that might need to repeated many times in order for me to get anything done(if I can get anything done)

Thank you for your help though

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 6:57:11 pm

I have NEVER had a problem with Adobe Premiere Pro crashing on me, but after this latest update, it crashed. Only once, but that's in comparison, like I said, to NEVER having crashed before.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 13, 2015 at 5:56:34 pm

the issue is it didn't crash.
I could still go through the menus and click on things effectively enough but all my clips were acting locked on my timeline and I couldn't add more clips.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 13, 2015 at 6:40:56 pm

I'm not saying your problem was crashing also, I was just pointing out that I've never had a problem with PPro crashing and now it's crashed, so perhaps the latest update is causing your problem as well.

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 3:57:06 am

it might be helpful to know under which operating systems you are having crashes (El Capitan, Yosemite ??), how much RAM do you have in your system? how big your hard drives are? where did you setup your caches/preview folders?

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2015 at 5:37:18 pm

So our operating system is OS X El Capitan with 32 GB of RAM. Caches and such are saved in the adobe folder in Documents. I'm editing off files stored on a WD Bolt Drive and this computer is barely a week old so I hardly have anything in the way of caches and extra files floating around

Return to posts index

Kevin EslingerRe: Adobe Premier CC 2015 is bugging out!
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:40:48 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Eslinger on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:41:34 pm

Batya,

I have the same problem with timeline/video locking up. Upgraded to 9.1 last week. Usually works for about 5-10 minutes and then it freezes. I can move around and click on different menu items, but the video is locked up in the preview window and on the timeline. Only way to fix it is to restart. I called tech support and they trashed my folders and pulled my plugins out. Worked for a while but I needed the plugins and put them back and now the problem has surfaced again. My plugins are Neat Video, Red Giant Cosmo filter, FilmImpact. I guess I'll have to play hide the plugin and take turns testing which one may be causing the problem.

My specs:
Mac Pro (late 2013)
Yosemite 10.10.5
Memory - 32GB
Graphics - AMD FirePro D700
Cache files are saved to an external SSD thunderbolt drive

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2015 at 8:33:12 pm

Thanks for your reply, but my problem persists even when I restart the computer.
Please come back and let me know if any of your tests solve the issue! We don't have any plug ins, it's just the Adobe CC 2015 straight up(I don't know what that says for the plug ins solution but maybe the plug ins are only a tangential issue)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]