ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio out of sync in timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DucheminAudio out of sync in timeline
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 8:32:56 pm

When I insert segments from a video clip into the timeline the audio is out of sync. It is not out of sync in the window that lets you preview the video and select in and out points, it is only out of sync in the timeline.

I have modified the audio of each clip to make it Mono to Stereo but I don't think that should make all of your timeline audio out of sync.

It makes it hard to edit in the timeline when the audio is out of sync. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Audio out of sync in timeline
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 7:49:58 pm

Need some more info...

How is the media getting to the timeline? Are you dragging it? If you're using keystrokes, are the tracks in the timeline set up properly to allow the edit?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Michael DucheminRe: Audio out of sync in timeline
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 10:53:18 pm

Tim, thank you so much for your response. The clips are not being dragged to the timeline, they are inserted after setting in points and outpoints in the preview window. That is, I set in in-point and outpoint and use the insert option (I use the keystroke of a comma).

You ask that if I am using key strokes are the tracks set up properly to allow the edit. I am not sure what you mean by that except to say that I am able to edit the clips inserted into the timeline without any limitations.

The mismatched video to audio makes it hard to preview the sequence in the timeline as the audio is out of sync (delayed), which makes it hard to edit in the timeline as well.

I don't believe I have ever had this problem before. The only difference this time is that I modified the mono nature to the clips to be mono to stereo (by using the Modify Audio option by right clicking on the clip in the resource window).

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]