ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Waldenerror message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 4:21:07 am

I was smoothly running Premiere Pro CC 2015 all day today. I shut down at the end of the day and now when I try to start up Premiere again just a few hours later the program won't open and I get the error message, "can't get core function pointer". Help!

I run Premiere on a Macbook pro, 2.3Ghz i5 with 16 Gb RAM, intel HD graphics 3000 512mb running OS 10.10.3. This has worked well (though sometimes a bit slowly) for a year. I keep project file on the laptop hard drive, media files on a firewire 800 Gdrive. It's been working fine.

The only thing that happened in between successful Premiere today and failure to open Premiere tonight was that I ran a multimedia interactive holiday card/calendar thing for my son that I had installed a couple of days ago but not yet opened. When it installed Abobe AIR opened and did the installation. To see if it might help I uninstalled the holiday card and restarted the computer a couple of times. No dice.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I can't work!
Luke

Return to posts index

Frans SuijsRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 9:26:34 pm

Hi Luke,

I've got the same problem after installing the latest Adobe software update. Tried everything, complete de-install, reinstall. Works for a while and then I get the error message. Got no clue, help would be much appreciated!!

- Frans

Return to posts index

vashi nedomanskyRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 10:05:13 pm

I got the same error and tried reinstalling PP and it still persisted. The only solution so far is to push the error pop up 10 times in a row and then Premiere Pro opened. Annoying but a temporary fix! Hope that helps!

Vashi Nedomansky
Film Editor
VashiVisuals.com
@vashikoo

Return to posts index

Steve SchinnererRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 11:08:26 pm

Yeah this did it for me... so strange. What the heck?

Return to posts index

Luke WaldenRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 11, 2015 at 2:56:12 am

Well at least I'm not alone. I couldn't find this topic in this forum or adobe and was beginning to wonder if I'd broken my premiere setup myself.

I had success uninstalling and reinstalling premiere. I'm up and running again. We'll see how long that lasts...

Thanks for the replies! Good luck.

Return to posts index

Frans SuijsRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 11, 2015 at 2:08:50 pm

After a couple of reinstalls of the latest Adobe versions I gave up and installed the version before. Software is running like a charm again.

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/01/29/revert-to-a-previous-version...

Return to posts index

erik cantuRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 1:15:39 pm

Update to 10.10.5 and it should work.

Erik Cantu
Video Producer
RadioU TV & Animal Basement
14 years experience as a fulltime broadcast shooter, editor & broadcast designer.

Return to posts index

Luke WaldenRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 5:24:54 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nikki Fabery de JongeRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 11:46:34 am

Having the same issue but only when using the Multiband Compressor on the Audi Track mixer.

Editor

Return to posts index

Violet CanaryRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on Dec 29, 2015 at 8:46:26 pm

^^ I am also having this issue with Multiband Compressor...

Return to posts index

Keith HollandRe: error message: "Can't get core function pointer" . Premiere won't open
by on May 11, 2016 at 3:29:44 am

huge help.

I tried disabling the effects and that didn't work so I just turned them off completely. Works for me cuz it was going to a sound guy anyway. They should probably fix this because not everyone is so lucky.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]