ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere CC 2014 crashes often w/ Yosemite on Imac 5K

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mabel ValdiviezoPremiere CC 2014 crashes often w/ Yosemite on Imac 5K
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 3:46:27 am

Hello,
I have been experiencing constant crashes with Premiere CC 2014.2 lately.
Here is a bit of history.
I bought an Imac Retina display back in May 2015.
It has Yosemite 10.10.2, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 24 GB memory, an internal 1TB Fusion drive for applications, a native graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 M295X. 
All my media is toraged externally to a 6T thunderbolt drive and to a USB3 drive also 6 TB.
Originally, my intention was to edit a documentary in this machine with FCP7 and use a second older machine for prepping.
But FCP7 while opening in Yosemite didn't work: lots of crashes and issues with some HDV clips.
I stopped working on FCP7, the crashes went away and I happily edited several short videos in 1080p and even occasional 4K in premiere.
So I am now in the process of migrating my FCP7 documentary project to Premiere Pro 2014.2  (won't update to 2015 until my freelancing client does).
My documentary project opens fine in Premiere initially but crashes and restarts automatically at any moment, just by playing material or scrubbing through or doing nothing else than organizing bins.
I actually have 3 different projects for the same documentary and I am trying to figure out how to work with them by bringing them to one master project at once or as needed.
(The reason for having 3 projects is that in FCP7 I needed to keep the file size under 80 MB). The projects size in Premiere is even small in comparison to FCP7.
So I am intrigued by the constant crashes. What to do?
Uninstall FCP7 first? Uninstall/reinstall Premiere Pro 2014.2?
What to do about the sluggish playback of individual clips or playback on a 45 minute sequence? We are just beginning post! Do I need to I upgrade the graphics card? Recommendations here?
In the timeline, most of my footage is prores and some is hdv.
I still have a combination of other formats on the clips such as h264 and MXF which I am planning to not convert and instead edit them natively.

Thank you for any thoughtful recommendations.
Mabel

Mabel Valdiviezo
Editor

Return to posts index

Mabel ValdiviezoRe: Premiere CC 2014 crashes often w/ Yosemite on Imac 5K
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 12:56:54 am

Anyone here with insights on the issues mentioned here?
I have a tight deadline coming up....
Thank you!

Mabel Valdiviezo
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]