ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Video bitrate not matching target bitrate after compression

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronnie HowardVideo bitrate not matching target bitrate after compression
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 11:05:09 am

Hello you lot,

I'm trying to compress a video with a target bitrate of 15Mbps. However, the file that I end up with is only about 7Mbps.

I just did a test to see what would happen if I set it to 50Mbps and it only came out at 9Mbps!

I'm editing a HD project with raw MXFs in Premiere Pro that are 4K and have a bitrate of 252Mbps. I've scaled the 4K footage down to HD for a HD output.

And my compression settings (which have been given to me by our client for TV output) are:

h264 Mp4 AVC
1280x720
Main@ L4.1
CBR
Target bitrate: 15Mbps

I have another sequence in the project with rushes from the same shoot which is exporting out at 10Mbps, which is closer than the 7Mbps.

I'm sure there is a very logical reason as to why this is happening, but I can't figure out why.

Has anyone had a similar issue that they have resolved somehow?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!


Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Video bitrate not matching target bitrate after compression
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 6:09:40 pm

Hi Ronnie,

Make sure you uncheck any "match source" check boxes in the export window.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area


Return to posts index

Ronnie HowardRe: Video bitrate not matching target bitrate after compression
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 10:50:02 pm

Hi Vince

Thanks for responding.

I have unchecked the match source as I'm actually outputting at 1280x720.

I even tried exporting out a prores and then compressing from that but it's still coming out with a low bitrate.

Very confusing.


Return to posts index


Ronnie HowardRe: Video bitrate not matching target bitrate after compression
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 10:39:27 am

I figured it out.

I had a screen capture video that took up a lot of the timeline that was 692Kbps, so I was trying to force data that wasn't there.

Doh!


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]