ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Stitching Clips for easier workflow?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan martlandStitching Clips for easier workflow?
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 11:42:53 pm

Hey, So this has been bugging me for a while now and have had no joy resolving my problem even after speaking with Adobe Tech support. (Useless)

So im an ENG News camera man and I'm usually hitting my record/stop button a lot. This would make individual clips on my P2 card which then needs to be imported.
My particular camera has a setting where it will make a continuous clip, no matter how many times i press the start stop button, up until i power the camera down...then it will make a fresh clip once back on.

This for me is great... When editing to tight deadlines, i really don't have the time to click every individual thumbnail to browse through shots. Having one continuous clip is super speedy.

Heres my problem:

Sometimes i have to use other cameras which don't have this "1 clip" feature. giving me the headache of hundreds of clips.

In the old days of FCP7 i use to drag all clips down into one timeline(1)...so i had everything stitched and in order. Then i would create another blank sequence(2 to work on).
I would drag Sequence 1 into my canvas/viewer window and edit from that. This way everything was stitched

Ive tried doing this in Premiere Pro CC but it messes up the audio.
I usually deal with 4 mono tracks panned left and right. (Odd number left, even number right)
Channel 1= Interviewee
Channel 2= Reporter
Channel 3=Back up of 1 on auto
Channel 4= Camera Top Mic

But when i stitch or nest clips it always seems to mix down my audio to one channel.
Ideally i like to have all audio channels separate so i can pick and choose the channels i need during the edit.

Im basically asking if theres a work around for this. The only way i have found, is to use Adobe Prelude and transcode clips and checking the stick together button, Creating one file. But this obviously takes time.

Has anyone figured out another work around?

Help!!!

Dan
http://www.dantv.co

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Stitching Clips for easier workflow?
by on Dec 9, 2015 at 7:15:32 am

You need to set up a sequence with 4 mono channels. You might also want to change the default audio tracks setting under Preferences - Audio to mono.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]