ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dynamic Linking CS6 - no toggle, new window, how to change

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill LattanziDynamic Linking CS6 - no toggle, new window, how to change
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 4:03:54 pm

Hi -
Long time Avid person, making the transition and I like it. I'm running the CS6 suite on an iMac. When I use Dynamic Linking (by right clicking on clip and choosing "Replace with After Effects Composition" I get AE in a new window. In the Lynda.com course I'm following, AE pops up in the same window with a toggle button along the bottom line of the window. I'm guessing this is a preference, (or a Mac / PC difference?) but I don't know how to change it. I'd prefer the toggle for the neater workspace. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Dynamic Linking CS6 - no toggle, new window, how to change
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 4:52:57 pm

Can you post a screenshot of what you're looking to achieve, or refer specifically to the Lynda lesson so we can see what you see?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Bill LattanziRe: Dynamic Linking CS6 - no toggle, new window, how to change
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 5:14:03 pm

Thanks. The Lynda.com course/lesson is: Premiere Pro CS6 Effects Workshop with Maxim Jago/Chapter 6/Time Remapping. You can see the "toggle switches/modes" button at 7:20. Here's the link:

http://www.lynda.com/Premiere-Pro-tutorials/Time-remapping/123547/133053-4....

And let me see if I can upload two images, one the lesson version showing the toggle, one my mac, showing both windows.. the result in both cases of clicking "replace with AE composition."

hope that works...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 8, 2015 at 5:20:35 pm

Right now, both the layer switches and mode controls are active (as shown by the highlighted buttons), so you can't toggle between them.

Click either one of the two little buttons in the very bottom-left corner of the Ae window to turn one of them off and enable the switch/mode toggle. Once you've done that, F4 will toggle between them.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Bill LattanziRe: Dynamic Linking CS6 - no toggle, new window, how to change
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 6:32:46 pm

Thanks, Walter, that solves that. I'm still trying to figure out how the Lynda.com instructor keeps AE in the same window as Pr P, and toggles back and forth from one application to the other. However, I'm beginning to suspect it may be that he also gets two windows, he's just edited it cleanly within the course for ease of viewing. In any event, thanks for the time and the help. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 8, 2015 at 7:12:03 pm

[Bill Lattanzi] "I'm still trying to figure out how the Lynda.com instructor keeps AE in the same window as Pr P, and toggles back and forth from one application to the other."

They're not the same window, but rather they are two identically-sized windows. You can quickly bounce between the last two applications like this by tapping Alt+Tab on Windows and Cmd+Tab on Mac. On either platform, you can hold down Alt or Cmd and press Tab multiple times to step through all open apps.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]