ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Clips have no audio after upgrade to 2015.1

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve BrameClips have no audio after upgrade to 2015.1
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 3:54:36 pm

Spent the morning upgrading to 2015.1, against my better judgement. Opened last night's project, and voila! - several clips have no audio, and therefore are showing as offline. The clips in question are .mts clips from a Panasonic HMC150. Other clips from the same shoot work fine. Tried re-linking the media, but get this error -

So...my first inclination was to transcode the clips to DnxHD just to get working again, but AME shows them as having no audio as well, so that wont work. Just in case something actually happened to the clips overnight while my PC and I slept, I brought in the original files, and tried to import them, but no audio.

At the request of an Adobe staff member over on the Adobe forums, I deleted the Media Cache and restarted, but the problem remains.

Just thought I'd post here as well, better coverage might yield better results.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Patrick FinneganRe: Clips have no audio after upgrade to 2015.1
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 6:31:48 pm

In the words of Douglas Adams - "Don't Panic!" Since Premiere is a non-destructive NLE, there's not much of a chance that anything was actually lost. A few things you might try to resolve the problem or at least to help gather more data:

1. Rename the file to .MP4. This will break the links to the sequential clips that the AVCHD file structure provides, but it's a test that might help figure things out.

2. Play the video file in any program other than an editor (VLC is a great test because it has many CoDecs built in. Does it have audio?

3. Create a completely new Premiere project and reimport the clips there. Do the clips have audio now?

4. Export your current project / sequence as XML and import that into a NEW project.

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Clips have no audio after upgrade to 2015.1
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 10:08:08 pm

I discovered another solution - rollback to 2015.

As far as what troubleshooting was done, the files played in VLC, of course, with audio. They also now show back online complete with audio in 2015. I deleted the media cache and database, renamed the media's folder, moved it to another drive, but nothing worked.

I also tried transcoding with AME, but it couldn't see the audio either, so that didn't work. AE, however, was able to see the audio.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Adobe editing platform, but I have bills to pay, and I have to maintain clients in order to accomplish that. Can't spend a day or so troubleshooting software. I'll give 2015.1 another try after they have issued a bug fix release and see if my problem gets fixed along with it. Or, on the off-chance that I have a couple of days to spare without a looming deadline.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]