ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Problem importing footage using Prelude

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan FrankProblem importing footage using Prelude
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 2:23:57 pm

As there isn't a dedicated Prelude forum, figured I'd ask here

I'm having a problem that is occurring more and more frequently when I am importing footage using Prelude to edit in Premiere Pro. When I import footage from AVCHD card archive (transferred from the memory card to an external hard drive separate from my scratch drive), the audio will only be present on the first half of the imported/transcoded file.

The odd thing is that this only is happening on my long shots, not other camera angles. And the only difference between that shot and the others is that it has a reference camera mic audio instead of a feed. (as this has never been an issue before, I'm not sure why it would suddenly be one).

I'm transcoding the file into ProRes and have tried both HG and 'regular' and it happens on both. The spot where it fails to transfer is not the exact same (it's roughly 55 to 58 minutes into a two hour shot on this most recent example)

The other times it happened, once I cleared the cache and started the computer and tried again, it worked (which led me to think that Prelude/Media Encoder was not liking to import multiple angles back to back and needed some breathing room). This time however it has not wanted to work regardless of what I do. (I have imported the footage three times and it has happened on all three attempts)

As I am able to load in other angles without a problem (and it's always the longshot), and it's a relatively new problem (started within the last month or two as a sporadic problem and has snowballed to where it happens every time), and nothing has changed in terms of set up or equipment, I'm at a loss as to what is happening and how to fix it. And as I am able to load in the footage using Final Cut Pro 7 without issue, I'm even more at a loss.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]