ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Do Different Sequence editing modes really Matter?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich KaelinDo Different Sequence editing modes really Matter?
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 3:22:16 am

So, We recorded some footage at the camera and via SDI out onto a NanoFlash unit. The NanoFlash should be an XDCAM codec, but with 422 color at 50 Mbit, verses the camera which is XDCAM EX 420 @ 35 Mbit.

If I take a clip from each and drop them into the New sequence area below, which should crate a sequence with the most appropriate settings for the footage, the camera XDCAM EX @ 35Mb footage yields a sequence set to editing mode set to AVCHD 1080p square pixel. The NanoFlash XDCAM EX @ 50Mb footage yields a sequence set to editing mode set to AVCiIntra 100 1080p 60Hz.

Neither of these match any of the XDCAM setting I would have defaulted to, but does that matter? At the end I will just have to export the sequence to a different format, like prores or MP$. Would it ever really matter. This has me a bit confused. Is there a good explanation available of how these presets work and how choosing one could positively or negatively impact work flow anywhere?

On a side note, all of the time code on the NanoFlash seems to be about 6.5 seconds late compared to the camera...once I find a visible match, the camera has a TC of 1:00:00:00, the nano will record a TC of 1:00:06:14 for the same frame. Time code is embedded in the SDI, used to trigger nano recording. any guesses why this happens? Just curious.

Rich Kaelin
Kaelin Motion Production Services
http://kaelinmotion.com
New York

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]