ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

FPS variable problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelina FernandezFPS variable problems
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 8:14:54 pm

Hi everyone,

So I kind of... got myself into a pickle because i was trying to be artsy. I filmed a movie on several different types of cameras including the apple photo booth camera, a nextel phone I have, an iphone, and an old kodak camera I had. Obviously I wasn't thinking ahead of time to the point when I have to edit all of these...

THE PROBLEM:

The FPS on each of these devices (and sometimes even within the same device) are vastly different. I've got stuff from 9.9 fps to 14 to 29 and it's pretty variable in between those. I'm not quite sure what to do.

Is there some way I can convert all of these to have the same FPS? the size differences aren't such a big problem (I was hoping to be able to edit at like a H264 24 FPS framerate but idk if that's possible) but it's just when the stuff goes out of sync or starts acting jittery that I'm having problems.

Anything I can do? Is this like... totally impossible to fix?

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: FPS variable problems
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 11:59:19 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on Dec 7, 2015 at 12:00:07 am

Try converting them to something editable such as mp4 with constant framerate.

http://handbrake.fr/

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Angelina FernandezRe: FPS variable problems
by on Dec 7, 2015 at 3:12:14 am

Thank you so much Ann!

I started using MPEG streamclip, if that doesn't work I'll def use the handbrake link you provided.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]