ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Once in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe BagsOnce in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 9:33:48 pm

We got some awesome rough cuts from the on set editor.... But when we re link some of the sequences it's obvious to see our timeline doesn't have the correct audio track.

Everything is synced but our audio shows Track 4 and his was probably Track 1 & 2. Is there a way to toggle or replace it, without having to do it by hand?

Return to posts index

Morten RanmarRe: Once in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?
by on Dec 5, 2015 at 10:07:25 am

Find the original clip in the project bin, and conform audio to mono. Back in the timeline use Match Frame to reveal the clip in the viewer, and replace manually.

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC2014, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8

Return to posts index

Andy MeesRe: Once in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 7:40:39 am

You might want to try the Modify > Audio Channels function
I use it all the time for quickly swapping the source audio channel used in timeline clip after the fact.

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

Morten RanmarRe: Once in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 10:48:46 am

Only works for clips in the bin, not in a sequence - which is why you can use Match Frame (F) to expose the original clip once again with in and out points as set in sequence. Only other way to eliminate one of the stereo channels is to use Fill Left or Fill Right audio filters.

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC2014, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8

Return to posts index

Andy MeesRe: Once in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 11:14:45 am

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that I swap audio channels on timeline clips all the time Morten. Note, I'm talking about switching between available mono channels not switching format interpretation (e.g. stereo to mono etc),

I'll have to check again in the morning tho. I'm relatively new to PPro so it's always possible I've got it wrong.

Return to posts index

Joe BagsRe: Once in the timeline, is there a way to change an audio's Audio Track?
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 6:47:53 pm
Last Edited By Joe Bags on Dec 6, 2015 at 6:50:25 pm

Thank you! I've done this method before with "F" and swapping manually.

We also noticed for some scenes with 7 tracks of audio, there's always 2 blank tracks (Audio 1 & 2.) Completely blank. Is there a way to get rid of those / deselect those before dragging into the sequence?

For us, we have to drag each clip into the sequence then find the 2 blank tracks and delete them manually, which is a hassle if you have to do it for every clip. Is this what you mean by Modify > Audio Channels?

For example if I know track 4 and 5 has my actors' audio, can I make it so that only that Tracks 4 & 5 are dragged in?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 7, 2015 at 2:35:30 am

Hey Joe

Yes, check the track patching area in your timeline window... far left of the timeline... source patch on the left of the track lock icon (the padlock), target patch on the right.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/source-patching-track-targetting...

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

by on Dec 7, 2015 at 2:26:16 am

Here you go, just for clarification for anyone else looking... using Modify > Audio Channels to switch the source audio channel for timeline instances of a clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]