ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Anybody try the new HDR mode in the Lumetri Panel

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenAnybody try the new HDR mode in the Lumetri Panel
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 5:53:09 pm

It really expands my color grading capabilities, but my computer bogs down so badly that it's really worthless, for me anyway. It also grays out the Creative tab. Curious what you pros have to say about it.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Anybody try the new HDR mode in the Lumetri Panel
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 8:08:18 pm

[Duke Sweden] "It really expands my color grading capabilities"

What kind of HDR monitor do you have for monitoring HDR? Also where did you get HDR footage?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Anybody try the new HDR mode in the Lumetri Panel
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 8:37:47 pm

Well, I... I have this... um, I got this thing, see, and... SHUT UP!!!! ;-)

I've said this before, I'm not a pro like you guys, I mess around, my camera shoots compressed h.264 footage. But when I enabled HDR on footage I already had color graded it sort of expanded the dynamic range. I thought I made that clear. That's why I asked YOU pros for your opinion on this new feature.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Anybody try the new HDR mode in the Lumetri Panel
by on Dec 5, 2015 at 2:08:49 pm

For an HDR workflow you'll need an expensive HDR monitor to show the footage as it would look like in HDR and the footage needs to have wider dynamic range that can be shown. Also there are a bunch of different HDR standards (Dolby, BBC, NHK etc) that aren't compatible to each other so it's pretty much in a prototype kind of situation now. It was added in Premiere so it would be ready if/when the HDR stuff is rolling out to users.

[Duke Sweden] "it sort of expanded the dynamic range"

You can't add dynamic range to footage. Whatever it is doing uses info that the original clip had.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Anybody try the new HDR mode in the Lumetri Panel
by on Dec 5, 2015 at 4:00:31 pm

What it's doing is basically what a flat profile does. I never meant to imply that it was taking my h264 footage and making it HDR quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]