ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Markers disappear moments after reopening project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver WilkinsMarkers disappear moments after reopening project
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 12:25:20 pm

I have a frustrating problem where I have applied markers on an interview edit, however on reopening the project, I see the markers briefly in the sequence but, a split second later when the media is reconnected all markers disappear

Just to set the scene I am a novice at Premiere after years on FCP. I have imported 4K XAVC footage shot on the A7R2. I just let the new sequence go to default settings - having checked that now it says Editing Mode - Red Cinema.

I did notice that as I applied the markers, I got an error message "the file is busy..." However I just ignored it. Now it seems those markers have not been saved to the original clips for some reason...

1. Is there anything I can do to bring the Markers back (they do appear for the split second)

2. Should I be converting all this footage before importing to Premiere.

3. Should I set up customer settings on the sequence

Many thanks, Im kind of unsure whether I should quit and start again with converting everything to pro-rez. Buts it's going to be TBs of footage as I have over a TB of XAVC to start with.

Appreciate any pointers.

Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]