ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

"Error compiling movie" during render or export, any ideas?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Schmeltzer"Error compiling movie" during render or export, any ideas?
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 1:04:34 am

Im using Premiere Pro CC 2014. Every time I try to export my sequence I get "Error compiling movie". The files are MXF files that were exported from davinci resolve. I tried to narrow down a problem clip but I can't find one. I exported two clips, I got the error, but then I tried to export each one separately, and they both exported to a h.264 mp4 just fine. What is happening here? I have to meet a deadline and I'm about to loose my mind. Thanks!

I've tried the following:
Closing other memory heavy apps
Exporting from Resolve AGAIN, then exporting from premiere
Exporting Individual clips(which works just fine, as soon as I add more It messes up, but I can't narrow down any problem clips so far)
All files are same settings. Here's a screenshot of the mxf file settings. Here is a screenshot of the sequence settings

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: "Error compiling movie" during render or export, any ideas?
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 2:12:52 pm

Try cleaning out the Media Cache Files. Here's a video to show you how, plus there are many threads in forums on this topic.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Andy MeesRe: "Error compiling movie" during render or export, any ideas?
by on Dec 6, 2015 at 7:56:13 am

I've had the unexpected "Error compiling movie" error occur once or twice on a couple of projects ... when it happened it was always during a direct export from PPro.

I'm afraid I don't have the solution to your problem, but just want to share that I was always able to successfully export the exact same media with the exact same export settings if I used the "Queue" option instead i.e. if I used Adobe Media Encoder.

Hopefully Joe's suggestion will fix your issue... but if not, using AME might be worth a shot if you haven't tried that already.

YMMV

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

Alexei ShishkinRe: "Error compiling movie" during render or export, any ideas?
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 5:23:57 pm

Hey Steve,

Your issue might have to do with GPU + OpenCL compatibility. I'm working on Late 2015 Retina 5k iMac with a Radeon R9 M395X card, and even though it's a nice, new card, it doesn't seem to be compatible with OpenCL, so I've been running into similar issues.

Here's how I resolved it: Open Premiere, go to File > Project Settings > General, and in the Renderer drop-down, change that to "Software Only". Confirm that change, and you'll be prompted with a dialog asking if you'd like to delete preview files. Delete your preview files. Then try your export again.

Hope that works for ya! Ideally Adobe will address this in their next update -- here's to hoping!

-a

Return to posts index

christina ruleRe: "Error compiling movie" during render or export, any ideas?
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 7:26:51 pm

I second Andy's suggestion. Whenever I have this error I tend to que it to media encoder and it seems to work just fine. I have noticed i get this error when I'm working with a fuller hard drive locally.

Hope this helps

http://www.christinarule.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]