ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Exporting AAF/OMF to ProTools workflow questions...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy WoodwardExporting AAF/OMF to ProTools workflow questions...
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 10:58:41 pm

OSX 10.10.5

iMac
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM

I'm trying to wrap my head around the workflow for Premiere in a professional environment. When editing, it is much easier to have a sequences audio Clip Channel Format be in Stereo - you only need to make one fade instead of one for the left and the right channel, and one set of keyframes works on both left and right because they're on the same audio track. Great, half the time clicking as two mono tracks. When I go to export an OMF or AAF to send out for finishing to ProTools however, it always seems to mix down the left and right channels into one mono track. What's going on? Can I not export a stereo sequence to an AAF or OMF and retain the stereo tracks? It astounds me if this is true.

What this means is that I have to recreate my edit in a mono sequence, highlight all media used, right click > Modify > change the Clip Channel Format to Mono then matchframe every audio clip and redrag into the new mono timeline and recreate the fades and keyframes. Obviously this is a terribly stupid and time consuming thing to do. Sure I could work in a mono sequence but then it would take twice as long to keyframe and adjust fades and my timeline has twice as many tracks to scroll through. Am I don't something wrong? This process should take 30 seconds.

Settings:
When Exporting an AAF it has Breakout to Mono Enabled. If I turn that off it just errors (Cannot export audio effect "Internal Volume Stereo" because it is not supported. Effect was ignored.) and I can't do anything so fine. I don't really change any options here: 48KHz/16 bit/Embed Audio/Aiff/trim audio files and I give it some handles. I have tried not embedding the audio, also with no success.

When Exporting an OMF I just do about the same: 48KHz/16 bit/Embed Audio/Aiff/ Trim with handles. I have also tried separate audio to no success.

I have also posted this question on the Adobe forum but no response yet.

Return to posts index

Jeremy WoodwardRe: Exporting AAF/OMF to ProTools workflow questions...
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 7:05:02 pm

Anybody? Doesn't anyone send AAF/OMFs to Protools? I can't imagine Adobe wants people to do this workflow when using stereo sequences!

Return to posts index

Jack BonnettRe: Exporting AAF/OMF to ProTools workflow questions...
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 1:32:28 pm

Sorry this is of no real help to you and I'm not looking to hijack this thread but I'm replying just to bump this back up as I too would be interested to know this as currently having similar issues around how Premiere handles mono, stereo etc on multichannel and OMF output.

I'm assuming there is something I'm missing earlier on when setting up my project but so far I'm yet to find it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]