ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Media Encoder not launching after today's update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian CooneyMedia Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:53:35 pm

Anyone else having a problem with media encoder launching after today's release. trashed preferences.. held shift or space bar (on Mac) no go..

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Brian CooneyRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 8:11:43 pm

oops neva mind.. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it's fine. must have been a bad download or something previously.

Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist with MotionFoundry, Inc., Nashville, TN. Former Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:04:42 pm

Glad that uninstall and re-install solved the issue. Out of curiosity, did you get the splash screen or an error or did nothing happen when you attempted to launch?

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:35:18 pm

I got an error window stating that it wasn't able to run on my operating system. That seemed odd.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:46:11 pm

hmmmm, that is odd. Thanks for the update.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:48:52 pm

For the record, it updated no problem on my less than professional workstation. Oh, and Photoshop loads a LOT faster now. Before it would load, then I'd have to wait about 12 seconds for some background process to finish loading before I could click on any menu bar buttons. Now it's more like 3 seconds. Sweet.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 1:38:39 am

I had a bad download on premiere I think it was. it told me it failed and asked me to reinstall the update in CC app. So I figured maybe the media encoder download had an error in it and prompted some weird shit. But all seems great now.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 3:13:57 am

btw, there are also updates for a whole bunch of Adobe apps, like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Speedgrade, Audition, Dreamweaver etc. Today was a major update day for a lot of their software. For some reason they changed the splash screen on Premiere Pro only (I'm a splash screen aficionado) which had a nice one, but not the ugly Encoder and Speedgrade splash screens.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 12:40:16 pm

yeah I was hating the last one... took forever to propagate. glad they changed it.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 1:41:48 pm

I'm glad they changed that secondary splash screen for the same reason; how long it took to propogate. I was referring, though, to the initial splash screen that shows all the plugins and stuff being loaded. Now they have what looks like a boy watching a nuclear explosion in the distance. Meanwhile Speedgrade still has that ugly folded multi colored fabric thing. But, hey, I'm not a professional. I can fret about things like that ;-)

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:08:55 pm

haha. I'm just glad that zombie chic is gone from Illustrator.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:16:34 pm

Illustrator is the only Adobe software I've never had a desire to learn. Was she cute at least? ;-)

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:44:04 pm

she was kinda scary

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 5:16:05 pm

Duke -

Missing out on Illustrator is missing out on some really creative capabilities for After Effects. Here's one example of animating illustrator mask paths:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/no-stupid-questions-with-colin-smith/creating-org...

Needless to say, Illustrator has a learning curve, but getting up to speed with vector creation in Illustrator isn't that steep a curve.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Christopher GomersallRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 6:07:58 pm

Illustrator 88 was the first mac program I ever learned. Using the rest of the suite without it would hobble me...

The Zombie Chick WAS ugly and the little boy on the new premiere splash screen is wearing a cape. Very cool.

Kind regards,
Chris Gomersall
http://www.vimeo.com/channels/texasvideopro
http://www.youtube.com/upstairsmedia

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Media Encoder not launching after today's update
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 6:34:32 pm
Last Edited By Chris Borjis on Dec 2, 2015 at 6:34:58 pm

Then there was that red-head with the snake...ugh! I think that was either audition or speedgrade 2014

My favorite of all time is the After Effects 2015.02 with the pyramid/tron art...made me look up the artist.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 7:43:29 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Dec 2, 2015 at 7:45:10 pm

The redhead with the snake (Speedgrade, btw) was beautiful, I thought. Much better than the current folded swath of fabric effect with garish colors.

In case you haven't noticed, the pyramid picture on After Effects is gone now, if you update.

As for Illustrator, I'm 61, NOT in the business at all, had my fling with After Effects and Video Copilot tutorials, don't have the ambition anymore. I'll watch that video link, maybe that will inspire me, but at this point I'm happy just shooting and color correcting/grading footage of myself. The reason for that is, I was always the guy with the camera so I was always behind it. Never had good footage of myself, and I got tired of having to look in a mirror to see an HD version of myself ;-)

I do appreciate, however, all of you guys encouraging me to continue my self-education. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]