ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Titles becoming garbled and torn

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dane CrossTitles becoming garbled and torn
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 1:15:00 pm

Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue with Adobe Premiere titles - hopefully someone here might know something about it!

I originally exported a ProRes 4444 progressive .mov file to provide to the grade, and the titles came out this (i.e. correct):

Then, when I was given the graded export, the titles looked like tghis (i.e. distorted and weird, with no fade ins/outs as in the source):

Thinking it was weird but not wanting to consume too much time worrying about it (foolish on hindsight), I brought the graded master into Premiere, replaced the 'dodgy' credits with the correct ones from the original export, and re-exported, which became the new 'master'.

However, the film was recently shown at a festival, where the organisers took all entries for the particular category and exported as one long clip, and whatever export settings they used appeared to reintroduce the torn titles! My first feeling was that maybe it was an interlacing issue, and I'd somehow placed interlaced titles onto a 'no fields (progressive scan)' sequence, which was then being exported as deinterlaced by the colourist / festival organisers. I've had a look though and it doesn't look like titles can be set to progressive/interlaced in Premiere.

I then got another clue when I opened up the final master file in preview on my Mac, and saw that the titles potentially have an alpha channel background:

Could it be that you need to place a black background below your title layer before exporting? That would seem a bit longwinded!

Anyway I know it's a bit of a tricky one but if anyone can shed any light on this I'd be very appreciative!

Many thanks in advance,

Dane

PS Forgive me if this has already been asked elsewhere but I had a bit of a trawl through and couldn't find anything resembling this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]