ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Interlacing 7D Footage For Broadcast

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayley GordonInterlacing 7D Footage For Broadcast
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:18:22 am

I'm new to exporting for broadcast and I'm finding this very mystifying.

I shot footage on a 7D at 24fps at 1920x1080.

The specifications from the TV station state that it needs to be 1080i – 29.97 or 720P – 59.94.

I did an export in MPEG2 Transport with the 1080i, but the interlacing is a bit noticeable. What can I do to alleviate this?

Also, why do I get an additional .xmp file when I export these files?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Interlacing 7D Footage For Broadcast
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:59:27 am

If you're viewing the end product on a computer monitor, you'll see the interlacing as the display is progressive.

I have delivered progressive in cases where an interlaced export wasn't very good, but if you're coming from 24 (or 23.976), the conversion to 29.97i should look better.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Hayley GordonRe: Interlacing 7D Footage For Broadcast
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 5:40:04 pm

Thank you for the response. I am unaware of how computer monitors vs broadcast handle interlacing so I was definitely confused. I opened it in a different media player and it looked fine, then went back and found a "de-interlace" setting in VLC and then it looked fine. But I couldn't be sure if the file was okay to send off. Thanks for the confirmation. It looks fine otherwise, just the interlacing was something unknown to me as I primarily export videos for viewing on a computer or the internet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]