ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Re-encode Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hakan TanakRe-encode Issue
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 7:22:17 am

Hello everyone...

My question is so simple maybe but its too important for me to fix that problem.

So, i shoot a video with 50 fps. it was very smooth and look good.
when i re-encode it with 25 fps frame rate in Premiere pro CC it had some of lags and bad looking motions. It's not fluent. Can i fix this ?

I tried some different way to reduce fps 50 to 25. one of them was in sequence settings - timebase
another one is export settings - frame rate
i didnt fix this whatever i did...

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Re-encode Issue
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 9:36:52 am

If you're exporting 50 fps footage out as 25 fps it'll just drop every other frame to preserve duration. If you want to export it as slow motion video go to the interpret footage settings and change the frame rate to 25 there. From the project panel right click on a piece of footage, modify - interpret footage.

Return to posts index

Hakan TanakRe: Re-encode Issue
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 12:09:00 pm

no. i don't want to make slow motion. i just want 25 fps with fluent motions ?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Re-encode Issue
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 1:19:59 pm

You won't be able to duplicate the fluid motion of 50 fps with 25 fps...I'm not certain why you'd think you could. You have divided the time into half as many increments...twice as much movement now happens in between frames.

Now...you would certainly get better looking motion if you'd shot 25 fps with an appropriate shutter speed in the first place. I'm sure that action looks pretty choppy as each frame is probably very sharp because the motion was captured with a shutter speed like 100 (usually twice the frame rate is default) vs 50.

So...you'd have to go through some process of speed conversion that added some motion blur to make the 25 fps conversion 'feel' appropriate.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Hakan TanakRe: Re-encode Issue
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:01:06 pm

Ok i got it. so i have to shoot videos 25 fps / 100 shutter speed if i want to fluid motions at 25 fps. thank you tim.

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Re-encode Issue
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 1:11:03 am

In general terms, you'd start with shutter at 2X your framerate.

24fps=1/48 shutter
25fps=1/50 shutter

...and so on.

Obviously you can adjust shutter speed to change how the footage looks, action is captured, etc, so these aren't requirements, but a place to start your experiments.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]