ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Caspar CG integration with PP

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim MaloneyCaspar CG integration with PP
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 3:36:09 am

Hi All,

I'm Planning post produced coverage of some Motorcycle Racing.

On Race day the Timing Company puts up Live Grids, during race changes and results Graphics generated by Caspar CG onto a simple streaming service. Caspar CG is an Open source Character Generator based on Flash.

It can record its output in a data sense. Or I can record solid pictures from its SDI outputs with Alpha ( Say on an Odyssey 7Q plus ) and treat it as another video source in Post.

Has anyone used Caspar CG Data in the Post Process.

if so - How?

Thanks in advance

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

Trevor AsquerthianRe: Caspar CG integration with PP
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 7:35:48 am

Interesting question. You might have more luck asking over on the caspercg forum where the devs are active.

Typically you would record 'clean' and 'dirty' feeds to be able to edit around captions. If you have lots of ISO recording capability and are going to be switching the show in post then you either need to record key/fill of CG as ISO source too, or be able to have CG behave 'as live' after the fact.

The former I've done - either by recording chroma-keyable single ISO, key&fill as seperate ISO recordings or, where captions are only in bottom half of screen, have the TD build a split - with bottom half of raster being fill and top half being key. (Eg in skiing, where there can be two running clocks as they race close together, this method ties up 2 x record points instead of 4).

The latter I've done in the dim & distant past on game shows. The computer generating the GFX would record time of day with its data and, for post, the Gfx company would bring their computer in and we'd feed it timecode from the source VTR. (Back in tape edit days...)

•Should* still be possible - for source TOD you'd probably have to use audio timecode routed to an audio output (Avid has a 'data' track which is maybe used for CG data by someone?). But, as I say, Caspar forums best place to ask - do post a link here if you open discussion there so we can follow!

Where this would be especially useful (CG data seperate from pictures) would be all those sport events where only 1 feed is available to the world.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]