ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

A few multi cam editing questions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank LombardiA few multi cam editing questions
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 6:44:35 pm

OK- I've cut together my 3 camera views in a multi cam sequence, and in one of the views I would like to mask out a distracting object.

Im sure there are a few ways of doing this, but am unsure as to what is the best. The object is a white rag on the mike stand. I figured I would use an opacity mask to block out the object, while playing another copy of the video, albeit shifted downward, to fill the mask with leaves, as you can see in the attached screen grab.

My question is this: I cannot seem to insert this effect on a clip by clip basis in the final multi cam edit. Am I doing something wrong?

Assuming I cannot, I then decided to make a new sequence out of that entire camera angle clip, and replace the one originally integrated in the multi cam edit. This seems to work, except when my talent moves in front of the mask, I need to adjust position/change mask opacity at that point in time.

Is there a way to make the playhead jump to the proper time in the original sequence (the one with the editable mask)? Currently, the two playheads do not follow each other from multi cam edit to original clip, making it very tedious to make adjustments. Any other better ideas for masking would be appreciated as well.

Thank you. -Frank

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: A few multi cam editing questions
by on Nov 29, 2015 at 10:56:30 pm

[Frank Lombardi] " I cannot seem to insert this effect on a clip by clip basis in the final multi cam edit. Am I doing something wrong?"

you should be able to mask and track multiclips on an edit by edit basis. I do this all the time. You would have to go thru the process of copying the clip and shifting downward as well as tracking your mask for each time you come to this shot in your timeline - what happens when you try this?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Frank LombardiRe: A few multi cam editing questions
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 2:25:56 am

Thanks Herb-

Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I tried it again and was able to get it to work just as you said.

However, I am still wondering if there is a way to sync the play head to jump to the same point in the primary clip, as it is in the multicam edit, if that makes sense. (This is not necessary now that I am editing correctly in the multicam clip, but I am just curious).

I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: A few multi cam editing questions
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:48:35 am

[Frank Lombardi] "I am still wondering if there is a way to sync the play head to jump to the same point in the primary clip, as it is in the multicam edit, if that makes sense"

You can't sync to the same point in an opened multicam timeline, if that's what you are looking for but you can match frame to the same point in the primary clip in the viewer (hit "F" twice, first to match to the multiclip, second time will match to the highlighted clip itself).

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]