ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 export setting (film length varies once exported)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pau MasóAdobe Premiere Pro CS6 export setting (film length varies once exported)
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 1:45:50 pm

Hello,

I was hoping someone can help me.
I recently exported a film from Premiere CS6. Here's the problem. The film is 1:25:37 in the timeline, but once I export it, it becomes 1:25:43 (6 second longer)

The reason that is a problem is that on Premiere I created subtitles based on the timing on the software, and when I use the .srt file with the exported version, the subtitles aren't in sync.

Another important thing to mention is that when I put the exported file on Premiere (the longer version), it becomes the short one on the software. So as an exported file it's longer and in the software shorter.

Is there an explanation to this?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 export setting (film length varies once exported)
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 8:22:55 pm

Does the frame rate of your timeline match the frame rate of your exported video?

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 export setting (film length varies once exported)
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 6:16:43 am

What is the codec and export settings? What media player(s) did you use?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 export setting (film length varies once exported)
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 10:31:48 pm

It sounds like a pretty fine error...what is the framerate of your timeline? 23.976? 24.0? Also check the framerate of the longer clip.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]