ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Suggestions for Apple Desktop

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie GiacoSuggestions for Apple Desktop
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 1:26:06 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new to creative cow forums. I need help/suggestions. I am looking to purchase a desktop for Adobe Creative Cloud (mainly Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, and some After Effects). I am a MAC user and was interested in updating my Macbook Pro (15in Mid-2010) to a newer Macbook Pro but was told by Adobe Customer Service that I cannot install the Creative Cloud on those due to them only have SSD. That being said, I've decided to purchase an iMac and use my current laptop for quick edits (I will be using external drives for my work mainly).

I have NO idea where to start. The new iMac 5K seems pretty decent but I know none of the graphics cards are supported by Adobe. (side note: I understand computers but I'm not good enough to go and build them or swap things out from the stock machines so that isn't an option).

Any suggestions? I'd like to stay in the 2000-2500 range if possible.

Thanks!

- Katie

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Suggestions for Apple Desktop
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 2:04:11 am

[Katie Giaco] "but was told by Adobe Customer Service that I cannot install the Creative Cloud on those due to them only have SSD"

That might have to be one of the stupidest thing a customer service person could have ever said. OF COURSE it can be installed on an SSD. It's GREAT to have it installed on an SSD...along with the operating system. The SSD makes the computer boot faster and applications launch faster. I have TWO SSDs in my computer, and a different OS on each one. I can say that the CC works just fine on an SSD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Katie GiacoRe: Suggestions for Apple Desktop
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 2:26:13 am

Wow, that is frustrating! I thought that seemed odd when I was told that. I was actually looking to purchase a 500 GB SSD because I mainly use a G drive for all my video files. I specially sent them all the specs on the MacBook Pro I was interested in and she flat out said no you can't install the app on a SSD and that it won't work. Now I'm completely confused. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]