ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

where the Cloud is hidden????

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hanishwhere the Cloud is hidden????
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 10:29:05 am

Greetings from southern Vermont!

This is actually a hybrid question and WTF exclamation.

A very dear friend and somewhat casual videographer (she has been using video to document testimonies, among other things, in various dirty war type activities in El Salvador, where she lives) just tried to set up the Creative Cloud PremierePro license from her home, and was told:

Creative Cloud Membership isn't currently offered in your country or region (El Salvador), but if you like, we can notify you when it becomes available. If you no longer live in this country or region, login to update your account or create a new Adobe ID for your current country of residence. For a list of countries in which Creative Cloud is available, please visit our Tech specs and Language availability page.

She is trying to get the Cloud in English, has a valid credit card, address, bank account, papers, new haircut, and is even a USA citizen. Needless to say, she was livid.

Anyone have any insight on this, and/or know any way to appeal this situation, before I start trying to set her up with editing software from a company that will sell to her in her country???

With thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving wishes from Vermont!

Michael Hanish
Free Lunch Media

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: where the Cloud is hidden????
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 1:50:28 pm

I presume it is seeing her IP address, and for some reason is not making accounts in that area of the world.

All I can suggest is using an app like "Hide My IP" and connecting via a server in the US.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: where the Cloud is hidden????
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 3:14:50 pm

The issue is not about installing the software on a computer in use by an American in El Salvador, it's registering that software purchase to a person in El Salvador that's probably in violation of either a law or Adobe's territory.

If you buy the license in Vermont and install it on your machine first, I'm 99% certain she can install it on her computer, cuz you are allowed to install on two computers. You should be able to test this by setting up a new account for her and installing the free 30-day demo, though you'd have to do that from your computer in Vermont, with your account disabled, or from one that's not associated with an Adibe account.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]