ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adding audio to timeline, but it won't give me all channels. Conundrum.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew PlourdeAdding audio to timeline, but it won't give me all channels. Conundrum.
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:59:10 am

Okay so another weird tick in Premiere Pro 2015 (I really hate it and want to go back to CS5)...

Say I have 2K Prorez video with a mono or stereo in camera track. I put it in a timeline/sequence.

now I want to add the externally recorded audio to sync. But it's 4 channels. An audio track with 4 mono channels.

But when I drag and drop it in, one of the channels is missing. Only 3 of the 4 channels is added. Now I have read and read and read and cannot for the life of me figure out what gives. Most likely this is something similar so please... By all means... Someone clue me in on how to fix this.

For example, I can add TEN audio tracks to the timeline, yet when I try and drag the audio only 3 channels go in. WTH?

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Adding audio to timeline, but it won't give me all channels. Conundrum.
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 2:02:53 pm

Have you tried loading the audio clip into the source monitor and then doing an Insert or Overwrite edit with the four audio channels targeted in the Sequence tracks? Sometimes I've had to approach it with a different method to get Premiere to cooperate.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Adding audio to timeline, but it won't give me all channels. Conundrum.
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:35:50 pm

For inserts and overwrites tracks need to be source patched.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]