ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

add multicam angle ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael O'Reillyadd multicam angle ?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:40:14 am

I'm successfully and happily editing between two synced takes (WS and CU) in multicam. I'd like to introduce a third unsynced take to potentially cut to, and would like to see against the other angles in the multicam preview. Can I do this ? is there a better strategic way in which to approach this ?

I know I can bring the 3rd unsynced take in over top of the multicam and drop cuts in this way, but that doesn't allow me to see each angle against the other angles.

Moved from FCP7 to FCX and hated it. Loving Premiere though.

Michael O

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: add multicam angle ?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:51:47 pm

Hey Michael...

just add the additional clip to the multi-camera setup timeline

the additional track will automatically be recognized the multi-cam viewer.

easy as pie...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Michael O'ReillyRe: add multicam angle ?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 3:16:08 pm

Thanks both Alex and Massimo for your responses.

You know, I just figured that out right before you posted. I am so relieved to find an NLE that thinks like me and I am so excited to have that dynamic link with AE, which I have been using since it was COSA!

So once you make a multicam clip, anything you put in there will be accommodated and displayed in the multicam viewer ? And anything you do to the source sequence (don't know exactly the terminology just yet) will be updated in the multicam sequence ?

Thanks !

Michael O

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto CroceRe: add multicam angle ?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:52:53 pm

command (control ona a PC) double click on your multicam clip, this open it like a timeline, put your new video track of top of others two (track 3) and you can see it as a camera 3 in your multicam clip.

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: add multicam angle ?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 3:20:19 pm

Yes....

the multi-cam edit is just a window thru to the nested sequence...

you can even do whole sale swaps of track content in the source and the changes are reflected in the edit....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

by on Nov 25, 2015 at 12:53:35 pm

one more multicam question:

When the multicam clip is chugging along, I can easily choose between the angles and when doing this, that is effectively performing an edit. But is there a way to choose my angles/edits, when the playhead is just parked on the timeline ?

When parked, if I choose an angle, it will switch to that angle in the viewer. But if I jump the playhead and just park it and choose a different angle, no edit at that point is performed.

Not sure how much sense this makes. But the bottom line is that sometimes I can't/don't want to choose my angles/edits in real time but would sometimes prefer a measured pace.

can this happen with Multicam ?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 25, 2015 at 1:25:03 pm

I figured it out - park the playhead, make the cut with blade tool, change the angle, repeat.

(I may have prematurely posted because of my experience with FCPX. After a while I did not trust myself that I would be able to figure anything out intuitively with that program or find it in the manual and relied a great deal on others)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]