ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

moving clips on timeline causing crashes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wattmoving clips on timeline causing crashes
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 12:57:04 am

I have a 90 minute 1920 x 1080/30P timeline. the source clips are 4k Xavc-I from for the most part an A7R II, an FS7 and GoPro 4+, with a bunch of stills mixed in. Everything has been going great through the edit, cutting 21 segments by themselves. I put all 21 segments on one time line for a master and when I try to select them all and move them down the timeline 30 seconds to make room for an AE open I'm crashing the program.

I tried "sneaking them down 10 seconds or so at a time and got away with it a couple times, but finally was "caught" by the spinning ball of UhOh! Any suggestions on how to do this without the tiny moves or?

These clips are all on my 6TB Thunderbolt raid.

Thx...jw

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Mac HD/3 TB Fusion
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
Premier Pr0 CC 2015-2
Video Drives: 6TB Raid “0” in OWC Raid Housing
Write Speed: 328 MB/s
Read 333.7 MB/s
4TB G-Raid
Write 245.9
Read 258.0

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: moving clips on timeline causing crashes
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 1:54:39 am

XAVCi is simply the absolute worst codec to deal with in Premiere that there is right now. It simply had not yet gone through the process of getting optimized by the development team yet, and until it does, transcoding to ProRes 422 for HD, or HQ for 4K, is really the very best solution for now.

FYI, the Abobe development team are very much aware of the issue, but just have not yet gotten around to it yet. If you send a note to their bug fix address maybe you'll be the one who moves XAVCi to the top of their fix-it list.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]