ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth WeissAdobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 1:52:14 am

Just wanted to let everyone here know that Adobe is offering a cool Black Friday deal, and it's retroactive for some. In fact, it was for me...

Back in June I absolutely had to activate a new Abobe CC subscription even though they had just cancelled their $29.99 discount. So, though it pissed me off to no end, I subscribed at $49.99 per month. In any case, today I called and they let me resubscribe for a year at the $29.99 Black Friday price.

So, any if you who got stuck paying $49.99, you can most likely rectify that with a call to Adobe. Feel free to use my name when you call, though I assure you it will do you no good. :)

DRW

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Stephen AbbottRe: Adobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 9:51:11 am

Thanks, David, that's good to know.

My chat with Adobe's rep sounded like I would need to cancel my current (recently bought) subscription and re-purchase the discounted one.

But, one question: you say $29.99/month, but I see the discounted amounted offered as $39.99/month (from the normal price of $49.99/month, annual plan paid monthly). Where did you see the $29.99/month special?

Cool!

-
Stephen Abbott

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Adobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 4:55:02 pm

I didn't see the actual price listed anywhere, I just called and said I was unhappy, because I'd been told the discount was being ended "permanently" when I bought earlier at the full price. Given that Adobe is so large, and given that all of those answering the phones are in Mumbiai, it may just be that not all their people have gotten the word yet. But, I do know there is a Black Monday "skew" in there database that allows then to renew your subscription for a full year at the $29.99 price, it doesn't just change the price for the remainder of your current subscription period.

It's a pain, but keep calling until you find a person who knows the deal, or demand to talk to a supervisor.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Stephen AbbottRe: Adobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 7:30:52 pm

Hi again David,

Well, I got the 20% off that's advertised ($600 down to $480 for the year), including an early cancellation of my recent membership and a refund. I did this via the web chat, and it took a while and was a bit frustrating, but at least I was able to do low-level work while it went on!

But ... you I understand got the price down to $360—$29.99/month?

-
Stephen Abbott

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Adobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 8:39:35 pm

Yes sir! $29.99 was charged to my credit card, and they refunded a prorated share of my most recent payment.

For the record, when I worked for a reseller in recent years, I had to set up many of my customers with Adobe CC subscriptions, and though I am a big fan of Adobe, I can attest to the fact that everyone has just as many issues dealing with all the CC subscription crap as users do, and hardly any if them can keep up with the rules and regulations. So, it's no surprise to me that each and every one of you here who contacts Adobe will hear different things and get different remedies.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Jim CunninghamRe: Adobe's Black Friday Deal - it paid off for me
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 6:12:50 pm

David,

Thanks for the update. However, I just got the run around from Adobe (sales/customer support/ sales/ non-working #/ hung up on), and ultimately was transferred to a number that no one answered and was subsequently hung up on.

So, I guess I had my portion of Adobe abuse for the day.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]