ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Opening Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 project files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom BlackOpening Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 project files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014?
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 5:05:30 pm

Is this possible?

I've been editing a project for university from home but want to show my group in the media suite at university however they have CC 2014 and I'm getting

"The project was saved in a newer version of premiere pro and cannot be opened in this version."

Is there a work around for this?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Opening Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 project files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014?
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 9:26:48 pm

1) The university installs CC 2015. You can have multiple major versions installed without conflict.

2) Export an XML CC 2015, then import it on CC 2014.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Tom BlackRe: Opening Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 project files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014?
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 9:28:50 pm

Thanks for the response! I'm going to try and update it on the computer tomorrow, hopefully I can do that without needing special permissions.

Otherwise I'll try the XML route!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Opening Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 project files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014?
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 9:30:59 pm

[Tom Black] "Thanks for the response! I'm going to try and update it on the computer tomorrow, hopefully I can do that without needing special permissions."

That's the sort of thing that could get you in trouble -- but it's probably also the sort of thing I would have done when I was in school.

[Tom Black] "Otherwise I'll try the XML route!"

Of course you'll need your media, too, just like if you brought in your .prproj file.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Tom BlackRe: Opening Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 project files in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014?
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 10:32:46 am

So I tried the XML but it never transferred my time line, it just imported my files. Also updating isn't an option as the University have control and they won't update to 2015 yet as they deem it too buggy

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2015 at 6:16:02 pm

[Tom Black] "So I tried the XML but it never transferred my time line, it just imported my files."

That's quite strange. Are you sure that the project panel was all the way up at the project root and unfiltered and that you weren't stepped into a bin?

You can install 2014 alongside 2015 on your own system with your Creative Cloud subscription, do the transfer on your machine via XML, then save a 2014 .prproj to bring back and forth to your school's edit systems.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]