ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Media offline only when rendering

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel StanklerMedia offline only when rendering
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 5:03:33 pm

Hi all,

I've just exported a Premiere Pro project and after checking it through I've discovered that one of the sections, an After Effects composition, has rendered as that red 'Media Offline' slide. Only thing is it's not actually offline - the project is fully linked, I didn't receive a warning about it, even if I search for the composition in the file bin it isn't listed as offline and plays perfectly fine when previewing. It's only offline when I try and render.

I've deleted the comp from the Premiere Pro project, re-inserted it, and the same thing happens. It's one comp out of many comps from the same After Effects project and this is the only one to have this issue - the rest of the project renders perfectly.

Any ideas??

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Media offline only when rendering
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 10:26:06 pm

Clear your media cache and do a good old fashioned reboot. Dynamic link can be finicky, but that usually does the trick for me. Worst case scenario, just export your comp from After Effects and plop it into Premiere. Obviously not ideal, but works when all else fails.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Media offline only when rendering
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 12:15:03 am

What is the keyboard command for the "plop" function? :)

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Daniel StanklerRe: Media offline only when rendering
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 12:02:22 pm

Worked perfectly. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]