ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

edit clip in audition cc - not exporting video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jarrick Harrisedit clip in audition cc - not exporting video
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 7:25:45 pm

Hi all,

I have a movie clip in my (premiere pro cc 2015) sequence and want to edit the sound in audition cc 2015. I select the clip (audio and video) right click and select edit clip in audition but it gives no options and doesn't seem to export the video over with it - just the audio.

I tried doing the same thing from the edit menue - no difference there but you can also choose to edit the sequence in audition - this exported the video but also all the other clips in the timeline. There's an option to edit just whatever's in the work area but this didn't seem to make any difference as it sent the entire sequence over even though my work area was confined to the specifc clip.

even then, this option isn't ideal because I don't wan't to include other clips or audio that might be overlapping the work area - I just want to edit a single clip's audio and have the video tag along so I can keep track of what's going on.

Am I missing some vital step or am I trying to do something it's not capable of?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: edit clip in audition cc - not exporting video
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 8:54:02 pm

That's not the way Audition works when editing single clips... You have to use Multitrack Editing to import both audio and video.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jarrick HarrisRe: edit clip in audition cc - not exporting video
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 12:40:26 am

I tried switching to multitrack but there was still nothing there - the only files available in the files panel was the .sesx and a .wav of the audio (no movie files) and it doesn't automatically open up in multitrack.

I'm afraid I'm only just learning how to use these programs - could you help guide me in a bit more detail?

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: edit clip in audition cc - not exporting video
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 2:19:14 pm

You can create a sub sequence or a nest of that single clip which will be treated just like a sequence which you can then send to Audition and easily replace on your timeline.

(Candidate for run on sentence of the year)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]