ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Video loosing black colours, .mp4 file with error

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matīss PērkonsVideo loosing black colours, .mp4 file with error
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 11:07:24 pm
Last Edited By Matīss Pērkons on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:37:08 pm

Hello,

I am having a problems when rendering video from Premiere Pro. Final video is losing quality in black colors, they are vibrating.
For example,

http://imgur.com/Wdk5IOU
As you can see, black color under the bullet shot is not black, but it's fluctuating.

I am using these settings:
http://imgur.com/R1m22Hn

I just click to match the sequence settings. They are from the exact source material/trailer, but still.
If I choose to render H.264 to get .mp4 then Premiere Pro either renders video with error (it's size is 24 bytes) or simply in much worse quality. So far the only option is to choose to match sequence settings, but then I get video in huge size (31 GB) and am loosing black colors.

Please, help.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Video loosing black colors
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 3:33:52 pm

I can only guess, based on the second shot, that the original material is h.264 MP4.

If that is the case, do you also see the artifacts in the original footage before rendering? If so, making an uncompressed version will not make them disappear.

You have custom AVI settings, but we cannot see them. We can see your output is 1920x1080, but that is about it.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Matīss PērkonsRe: Video loosing black colors
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:30:42 pm
Last Edited By Matīss Pērkons on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:35:27 pm

You're right. The source video is also h.264. There are also those black artifacts in the original video, bet they aren't so slightly visible. I've made this project of various clips with different quality and those black artifacts after rendering are visible across all the video, now even in scenes where black color quality in source material was top-notch.
Usually I rendered in h.264 using these settings:

1920x1080
Frame rate: 23,976
Field order: Progressive
Aspect ratio: Square pixels(1.0)
NTSC
Main profile
Level 4.1
VB2, 2 Pass
Target bitrate: 6 Max bitrate: 8

Keeping everything as close to source material as possible. But now when I render in these settings, video seems to render as casual, but in the destination folder there's just .mp4 file in size 24 bytes, consisting of error smt like this "Format file can't be described"

So I decided to choose "Match Sequence Settings" and Premiere Pro renders it in .AVI format, but with those black artifacts. And, of course, massive in size.

.AVI settings:
IYUV codec
1920x1080
Frame rate: 23,976
Field order: Progressive
Aspect ratio: Square pixels(1.0)
Depth 24 bit

These are standard settings Premiere Pro gives me when I choose to have "Match Sequence Settings"

Most likely, I could resolve this problem if someone could answer, why Premiere Pro renders h.264 file in size 24 bytes with error? I've looked upon net, there are people complaining about this also, but no answer how to fix or why does it occurs.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Video loosing black colors
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 11:32:33 pm

Dont use Match Sequence settings it uses the preview codec which in you case is probably I frame only mpeg.
Pick a preset under H.264 to export.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2015 at 9:14:27 pm

My God, Thank You. Answer was so simple. I took 1080p 25fps template and it worked like a charm. Someone told me that it's the best to match render settings to source settings, but now I know they can differ.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 2:35:55 pm
Last Edited By Matīss Pērkons on Nov 18, 2015 at 2:36:41 pm

Still, I am again experiencing the same problem. If I change something in my project and play with clips, and then I want to render it again, I am using preset from H.264 and again I get 24 bytes video... First time it worked, second time it won't.

Why does this keeps happening?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]