ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Weird strobing effect

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenWeird strobing effect
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 4:45:55 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Nov 15, 2015 at 4:55:24 pm

I haven't had this problem before. Out of camera my footage is smooth. But when I merely do some color grading with Lumetri, no plugin's or effects, the movement gets kind of stroby. Check out the short video. The first half is with lumetri only color correction/grading, followed by the same clip straight out of the camera. Check the movement of the gray card. Don't go by the still. I have no idea why it looks that bad.

I've already googled this and the only thing that comes up is an old post on Adobe's forums from 2011, with no solution in all this time. Anyone else experience this and found a solution? I've already tried GPU acceleration (which is what I always use) and software only Mercury Engine. No difference. I was trying to go for a twilight/dusk look which is why the color graded half is dark. Do you think lowering the exposure in post could produce that effect? You'll see in the out of camera clip how much better exposed it was.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Weird strobing effect
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 8:25:22 pm

I'm not seeing any strobing. I'm seeing compression artifacts probably caused by too low bitrate/wrong export settings.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Weird strobing effect
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 9:01:03 pm

Bitrate is 30min 56 max
Export settings are (and have always been) h264 - Match Source - High Bitrate.

What would you suggest? This is h264 .MOV footage from a Nikon D5500, with only Lumetri panel tweaks for color grading.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]