ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth MaultsbyIs upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?
by on Nov 14, 2015 at 11:12:43 pm

First off I do not edit professionally but I have done a lot of events for family and friends. I been out of editing for the past year because of work but I have about three four projects I need to complete. I am worry that maybe something may not work correctly if I don't upgrade. Any opinions?

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Is upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 8:02:21 am

Adobe offers a free 30-day trial so you can play with it and see what you think.

Return to posts index

Tom BlizzardRe: Is upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 12:45:42 pm

Kennith, I'd say no. I edit and export a one hour, 4cam, MultiCamEdit every week and CS6 does great. I've produced wedding videos, dance recital videos, event videos, etc. successfully over the past 5 years with CS6. Even with added color grading and looks, CS6 does everything I need. Just be sure and make use of the Mercury Playback Engine, it's rather amazing.

Return to posts index

Kenneth MaultsbyRe: Is upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 2:21:00 am

Thanks that is what I want to here. I am in my first week of the CC its ok but nothing to really make me change. I did loose my templates for Encore. I went to the Adobe site and try to install them but it didn't work.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Is upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 5:56:54 pm

Unless there is something in the CC feature set you must have to do your work, why change? CS6 is still good kit - just suspended in time, so to speak.

Changes is the computing world eventually force upgrades on all of us. But unless my work requires it or the hardware/software demands it, I keep on running it. I do not care if I have the latest thing or not.

Just my humble opinion.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Is upgrading from CS6 to CC really worth it?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 7:33:17 pm

[Jon Doughtie] "Unless there is something in the CC feature set you must have to do your work, why change?"

Well, if learning the old software and later having to relearn it all over again is acceptable, then I might agree. However, the new built-in Lumetri Color Correction toolset is much easier to learn, and well worth the upgrade path for many users, especially for those who have previously shied away from learning color grading. The Lumetri scopes are also vastly more improved than the scopes in CS6.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]