ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Copying clips and sequences from one project to another duplicating files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin ClancyCopying clips and sequences from one project to another duplicating files
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 6:48:52 pm

I looked for a post about this issue I'm having and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been posted and answered somewhere else already.

I'm working on a project in Premiere Pro CC 2015 and I have an assistant editor pulling selects from the raw files for me in another project. We both have all the footage organized the same way in bins in our projects, so the projects are identical, except the sequences are different.

Every few days, I copy her selects over to my project. Even though we both have all the same files organized in the exact same way, whenever I copy a sequence, or even just a few clips, Premiere creates a folder of "recovered clips" that I can't delete because they are used as reference files.

So my problem is that my OCD organized project with all the bins the way I like is getting filled up with tons of duplicates of the same recovered clips that I can't delete.

It's not a huge deal, but it makes my project unorganized and I'm afraid having all these extra files may make my project extra large and slow down premiere.

Is there a simple solution to make Premiere recognize that these clips are already in the project?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]