ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Text effect question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacky ChangText effect question
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 2:08:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a video and was wondering how the text effect was made at the end (Video time 02:21 -02:23)
popping text effect,i was wondering if it can be achieved on Premiere and/or After Effects and how.

If anyone can tell me how it made or even a step by step instruction/tutorial that would be much appreciate! thanks guys

Here is the video link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17rlrgRmeT_aEhqNTdQc3F5VXc/view?usp=shari...

Regards,

Jacky

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Text effect question
by on Nov 14, 2015 at 2:40:42 pm

Someone will come up with something better and simpler, because they will have more After Effects experience than I do.

I would make three layers in AE, two layers for the text and one for the G-Sep line. I would position the text where I wanted it to complete movement. I would keyframe that position at the time I would want the move finished.

In the space in between, I would create a square mask on one text layer, and set it to hide the text when the text was under it. I would copy/paste this mask onto the other text layer.

Now I'd set a keyframe for one text layer at the time I want the text hidden, and position the text in that keyframe so it is hidden behind the mask. Copy/paste this keyframe to the other text layer.

The G-sep line gets its own layer and its own mask to hide it. To make it appear to draw, simply slide the mask over out of the way using two keyframes.

You can change the text and use this template over and over to generate other elements for your video if need be.

Someone will likely chime in with something better, but that is how I would get it done at my experience level. So maybe we will both learn something!

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]