ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Under the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell SmithUnder the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..
by on Nov 11, 2015 at 11:46:49 pm

My second camera did not like the low light conditions at a shoot and I am looking at fixing this footage, fast and under the gun. (It may be operator error or the camera may not have liked low light, backlit blinking stage light conditions. I'll review that later . Right now it needs a solution.
I don't know after effects, tried to figure out the denoiser, and it wanted 8 hours to render a tiny test clip (MTS) so I gave up on that as there is not time to learn AE, not today.
DO not have the money at this point for a plugin.
is there a way to fix this in premiere with the color correction tools?
I am under the gun and have spent the entire day just waiting for my other draft clips to export and upload to youtube (It was promised hours ago, we're at 7 hours now and I am ready to scream.
If I could correct this footage and make it usable, and someone would guide me through a way to do that quickly and correctly, you would absolutely save my life today.
The footage consists of about two and a half hours of MTS footage, 1920 x 1080, progressive.. I am in Premiere cs6. Retina macbookso not the newest latest and greatest, but adequate.
Help.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Under the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 1:26:38 am

Sorry, but there's hardly anything you can do with this material Kell other than fire the so-called camera person. The old garbage in - garbage out adage applies to this stuff... there's just not enough video information available to you.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Kell SmithRe: Under the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 2:56:55 am

Thank you,
Those were Premiere screenshots zoomed way in. This is a screenshot from the MTS file. Zoomed in quite a bit, maybe 50% . I don't really want to post a picture of the faces, sorry, because I don't have their permission.
Please throw me a rope here. (Not to hang myself). There must be some way to make it usable.
There was a flashing light behind them and I think it may have freaked out the camera a bit. I did have the auto functions on, such as focus, and it was a very short time to set up and I was unaware they were going to have flashing lights until it got going.
The foreground seems bright, the background dark. There's quite a bit of noise in there, artifacts with the movement.
TO be honest I am not completely sure what I am looking at or where to start fixing it.
They are web clips, so there will be a little more room to work with than if they were being used in other ways.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Under the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 3:21:22 am

You could try this:

Return to posts index

Kell SmithRe: Under the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 12:43:09 pm

Thank you everyone,
I tried that and it helped a little. It's not as bad as it seems - these pics are zoomed way in. I did lighten it a bit with the shadow/highlight filter. Am planning to try this again with some different settngs to see if it helps more. The Neat Video demo helped quite a bit. No miracles, but it did remove some of the noise and splotchiness. I desperately want this plugin, bu don't have the hundred bucks right now so I'm going to see how it comes out if I downsize it to 720, export, and then crop out the watermark. If not, I will make it work somehow. The rendering times on this project are killing me though. That's a different thread though - am going to go post that now.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Under the gun..need correction advice for low light shoot footage asap..
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 1:02:46 pm

Any time you add any denoiser you're looking at hellacious render times. Most of the time it's recommended that you add denoiser, then render, then work from those files. Denoisers on top of any other tweaks are gonna kill you.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2015 at 4:09:03 pm

Boy you have that right. I posted a new thread about that this morning. Holy Toledo. I'm exporting a master out now with no effects on it to work from. I'm not used to fixing footage or working with effects so this is new.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]