ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Stylizing Archival Footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael ShadeStylizing Archival Footage
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 8:00:27 pm

Hi Everybody,
I'm editing a feature length doc that makes extensive use of multi-source archival footage (news broadcasts pulled from the web, mostly).
I've been trying to think of ways to stylize the archival material to make it more interesting to watch. I've been experimenting with shooting the footage in 4K as it plays on an old CRT TV, but it's not really doing anything for me.

I'm wondering if there are any editors out there with creative ideas for giving archival some stylization (reshooting it? layering with other stuff and blending it). Or, if you've seen interesting work online and can share, that's also very welcome.
Curious to hear people's ideas.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Stylizing Archival Footage
by on Nov 11, 2015 at 9:18:51 pm

I saw a doc where old footage was projected onto old buildings. It was pretty neat. It depends on what your doc is on, but you could try finding a relevant setting to composite your old footage in. For example, if you are doing a doc on Hurricane Katrina and have news footage of the impending storm, you could shoot an old TV in a New Orleans bar and composite the footage onto it. Just a thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]