ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier ClarkeCan Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 9:07:53 pm

I am primarily an FCP X user who occasionally uses PluralEyes. I've looked at a few videos and read a sites about syncing in PPCC, but can't really nail down if and how this is done:

Can a user simply throw a bunch of audio and video clips in at PPCC and it'll figure out which ones should be synced and generate those new clips; particularly if they need to just be merged (one video file) or multicoated (multiple video.

I really like the way FCP X handles syncing and multicaming, but it doesn't do it in a batch fashion yet. I am not a big fan of Plural Eyes except in very unique cases. However since we're on FCP X our assistant editor would prefer to use PPCC than PluralEyes for syncing and I am not sure just yet how much more benefit there is, but there is I wold much rather use PPCC and send FCP X the XML.

Thanks everyone.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Can Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 9:20:30 pm

Yes, you can batch sync multicam clips in Ppro using the "create multi-camera source sequence" function.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Tangier ClarkeRe: Can Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 9:49:44 pm

Does this feature distinguish between clips that only need to be merged vs. ones that need to be made into multicam clips?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Can Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:17:14 pm

[Tangier Clarke] "Does this feature distinguish between clips that only need to be merged vs. ones that need to be made into multicam clips?"

This feature is strictly for multicam use. It can create a single timeline that has all your clips laid out in sync so I guess you could easily go in and merge from there, but I never use merge so I can't be to helpful on that subject.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Tangier ClarkeRe: Can Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:20:47 pm

Thanks. Perhaps I'll have to give it a try myself. I am not interested in a timeline of any kind being generated. I am only looking to be able to throw a bunch of video and audio clips at it and it give me back new separate multicam clips (where it could find clips that fit that profile); since it cannot provide merged clips.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Can Premiere Pro CC batch sync clips?
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:43:22 pm

I don't know if it's true or not but merged clips used to cause big workflow headaches in PPro. I work with multicam clips even if the shoot only had one camera plus second system sound.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]