ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Briget GanskeScrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 8, 2015 at 8:56:19 am

I'm working on my first broadcast project, which is almost done and needs to go out to TV stations this week. Yesterday, it seemed like there was a bit of lag time in playback so I created a copy of the project. Today, I opened the copy, imported an audio file, and was working fine with it for about 5-10 min. Then the scrub bar in the timeline suddenly got stuck. Yet when I push play the space bar the project plays in the source monitor (while scrub bar still doesn't move on the timeline). When I click on an audio file and try to play in the source monitor, scrub bar there also doesn't move.

Other timeline issues: I'm able to click on a clip and move it, yet I can't tell precisely where I'm dropping it and there's lag time after releasing it before the clip appears. Basically, I can work in the timeline, but blindly!

Other issues:
--When I go to save the project, the save box shows no progress being made. Yet if I close the project and reopen it, it's been saved.
--I cannot export at all.
--When I click on bins in the project panel, they take forever to open.
--Basically the whole program is almost unresponsive.

Strangely, when I open any other Premiere Project on the same drive, those projects play fine and have no issues! So there's clearly something going on with this project--which of course is my most important project right now!

Things I've tried:
--When I open the first version of the project, the same exact issues occur.
--When I copy either project to another location (another drive), the same exact issues occur.
--When I open another project and import a sequence from the broadcast project, suddenly same issues.

What's going on? Please help! I need to finish and deliver files this week.

Return to posts index

Ashley SmithRe: Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 8, 2015 at 6:52:27 pm

I'm having a slightly similar issue. My TL works fine, then suddenly stops. I can sometimes here audio but not see picture. Other times I push play and nothing happens. Everything else in the project works fine but I can not for the life of me get my TL to play.

Ash!

http://www.ashleysmithfilms.com

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 1:59:32 pm

Briget, please share system information. It is often essential to figuring out an issue. Also, what version of the Adobe software are you running?

As an example, I have my system info in my signature. That way it is always included when I post.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Ashley SmithRe: Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 3:30:02 pm

Hi Jon,

I'm using Adobe CC 2015.0.2

MacPro (Trashcan 2013)
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
64GB RAM
1TB SSD System Drive
External G-Raid Thunderbolt

Cutting PRoRes video 23.98 and Photoshop Layers.

http://www.ashleysmithfilms.com

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 9, 2015 at 5:22:30 pm

Please allow the amateur noob here to offer a suggestion. When you're working on your project do you have the lumetri panel open? And, if so, do you have the "Creative" tab open? I found just the other day, that the small window featuring the clip you're working on will really drag down performance. I've got a toy computer compared to what you're probably using, but when I close lumetri or choose any tab other than Creative, I can actually scrub or play a video while making corrections to it with no lag in 1/4 quality (which looks almost like Full quality, amazingly enough).

Return to posts index

Briget GanskeRe: Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 11, 2015 at 4:46:54 pm

No, it didn't have anything to do with the lumetri panel. The sequence, I think, was somehow corrupted. I tried opening a new sequence in the original project, pasting the clips, and still had issues. I was able to open an auto-save project from a day or two prior and that worked fine. So I was just going to work with that older project, but then I realized should update Premiere.

I was working with Premiere CC 2014 and so updates included updating to Premiere 2015 CC. When I did that, to open the original project it had to convert it for the new version. Perhaps in converting, the corruption was eliminated because everything worked fine with the new Premiere!

I'm still not sure what was caused the corruption... But so grateful it's fixed now!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Scrub bar won't move in the timeline (plus other major issues)
by on Nov 11, 2015 at 5:43:09 pm

OK, well, I'm still taking credit ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]