ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Creating Proxy Files? Having Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James CarverCreating Proxy Files? Having Issues
by on Nov 8, 2015 at 4:41:16 am

I have never worked with or created proxy files, I understand the concept but I'm having issues linking to the proxy files on my cpu.

I was editing a short film in 4k without any issues, but halfway into the process I was sent proxy files by the colorist (which have the same name as the files but different extension). I want to link my 4k sequence (MXF format) to the proxy files (2k MOV format) so that I can continue editing with the proxy files instead. In other words, I want to replace my 4k sequence with the proxy files so that I can finish editing with the proxy sequence.

I've been right clicking on the sequence, making it offline, then relinking it to the folder where my proxy files are. Am I missing something?

Whenever I try linking my sequence to the proxy files it either doesn't work and somehow just locates the same MXF files or replaces my sequence with the proxy files but just starts at the beginning of each clip versus where my in and out markers are set in the sequence for each clip.

Trying to avoid having to start editing over from scratch.

Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]