ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

What's the best way to mix multiple frame rates in a single timeline? (and also use stabilizer)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BooneWhat's the best way to mix multiple frame rates in a single timeline? (and also use stabilizer)
by on Nov 7, 2015 at 7:16:22 am

I was mixing 29.97 and 23.976 footage by putting all of the 29 footage at 80% speed, but I need to stabilize most of the clips in my timeline and it tells me I can't use Speed and Warp Stabilizer on the same clip.

I want my 29.97 footage to playback at 23.976, slowed down to 80%, with access to stabilizer, effects etc.

I know nesting works, but it always slows down the timeline so much its almost unusable when its on a bunch of clips.

Solutions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: What's the best way to mix multiple frame rates in a single timeline? (and also use stabilizer)
by on Nov 7, 2015 at 2:31:17 pm

Process all your 29.97 material as a 23.976 set via export or Adobe Media Encoder to a fresh set of media.

that's the only alternative I see off the top...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Paul BooneRe: What's the best way to mix multiple frame rates in a single timeline? (and also use stabilizer)
by on Nov 8, 2015 at 3:55:09 pm

How can I do that.. without losing any frames, or can I? By that I mean, if a clip was 10 seconds at 30fps, when it converts it to 24fps, I don't want a 10 second clip, I want a 12 sec clip (approximately..) that runs at 80% speed.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]