ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmanuel Joseph ReyesPremiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 8:46:52 am

Hi,

My company is thinking of upgrading to Adobe Premiere Pro from Final Cut 7 so we signed up for a trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro and for some reason it keeps freezing and/or crashing a majority of the time, when we try to preview our edit and sometimes just simply while editing.

Can you please help us out on finding the solution to this frustrating problem?

We tried many things that could possibly worked but did not. Some of the things are making sure that Adobe Premiere Pro is the only running application, having more than 20% storage space on the computer, restarting the computer, keeping the desktop clean and clutter free.

System:
iMac OS X Yosemite ver. 10.10.5
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (RAM)
Intel Pro 1536MB (Graphics Card)

Other Notes:
- We are only editing 1080p footage from Canon DSLRs
- Our iMac is new and not even half a year old

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Premiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 2:42:25 pm

Tell us about your storage. Is your media on separate storage? How is it connected to your system?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Emmanuel Joseph ReyesRe: Premiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE
by on Nov 6, 2015 at 9:14:33 pm

No. All the media files are on the iMac itself.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Premiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE
by on Nov 6, 2015 at 11:40:00 pm

If you have the lumetri panel open, try clicking a tab other than "Creative". I've found that mini-window still, when open, to be a major lag on the software, for some reason. Otherwise, can't help ya, but I'm a rank amateur and I'm sure others will have better solutions.

Return to posts index

Emmanuel Joseph ReyesRe: Premiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE
by on Nov 8, 2015 at 7:30:02 am

Hi Duke,

Thank you for your input but the freezing happens on the Edit window, while editing not coloring.
It never happens to us during coloring

It would be great if you could ask some of your other editor friends for some input for a possible solution.

Have a great day.

Best,
Emmanuel

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Premiere Keeps Freezing and Crashing For No Reason - NEED ASSISTANCE
by on Nov 8, 2015 at 2:37:37 pm

Do you keep your scopes panel open at all times? I've read here where they can cause lag as well.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2015 at 9:08:13 am

No. We just have the effects panel for the clip open on the top left hand side.
We don't have anything other than the Editing Tab with only its components open when Adobe Premiere crashes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]