ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Modifying Audio in Premiere quickly...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom LaughlinModifying Audio in Premiere quickly...
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 4:30:10 pm

Hi,

I find myself constantly using the pin tool and manually adjusted audio levels. For training videos or taped workshops, the camera operators are constantly fidgeting with the audio levels, based on the presenter's 'hand-held' microphone, and how the presenter moves it closer, then farther, closer then farther away form his mouth. Is there some sort of audio filter or plug-ins, that can level the sound for me? Like raise the levels, where low, and cap the sound where is gets too HOT?

I vaguely remember a friend of mine using what he called a noise gate, inside of FCP7, years ago, and I think it automatically did this, lower and raise sound, but it also capped the sound at -6 db, or -12 db, based on preferences.

Any thoughts or workflow shortcuts or solutions?

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Modifying Audio in Premiere quickly...
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 5:43:13 pm

Hi

This can be handled with "Dynamics" effect and specifically "Compression" (which refers reducing dynamics not video encoding) to reducing the changes in loudness and softness of a signal.

ideally it would be best to place all these realted clips on the same audio track.

then in the audio mixer you can apply the effect to the track level and this can handle it for all the events in the track....as opposed to noodling (that's a technical term) 1 by 1.

here's a tutorial on applyijng track based effects:
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/track-based-tricks-for-dialogue-in-premiere...

here's one on dynamics (although here he is applying to the clip, the controls are the same)...

hope that gets you going...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]