ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Recommendations for Video Call Capture Software that Doesn't Suck

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie TurnerRecommendations for Video Call Capture Software that Doesn't Suck
by on Nov 3, 2015 at 10:24:16 pm

We're recording calls in Google Hangout and FaceTime for a project. The quality sucks of course, but the real issue is the audio sync. We're been using Facetime Call Recorder and Camtasia, both of which have been driving me nuts, producing frame rates like 30.30 fps and 11.49 fps.

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent call recorders that might give me halfway decent frame rates to work with? I'm editing in Adobe Premiere Pro, so anything that will make these videos play nice with that would be awesome.

I will also take advice on how to convert the existing calls I have. Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Recommendations for Video Call Capture Software that Doesn't Suck
by on Nov 3, 2015 at 11:45:55 pm

Your issue is more than likely the speed of your Internet connection rather than anything else, as most, if not all, screen sharing apps play havoc with realtime video streaming and thus screen recording.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jackie TurnerRe: Recommendations for Video Call Capture Software that Doesn't Suck
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 12:11:05 am

Thus I'm discovering. Thanks David--I'm hoping maybe a screen capture software can capture in 30 fps regardless of the frame rate of the video. My caller is on a computer, but I have no control over the internet speeds of the individuals we're having these video chats with.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Recommendations for Video Call Capture Software that Doesn't Suck
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 1:25:30 am

Screenflow

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Recommendations for Video Call Capture Software that Doesn't Suck
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 3:29:41 am

I always use Skype and Skype Recorder. Very reliable and editable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]