ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multicam monitor disappeared

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WattMulticam monitor disappeared
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 11:36:26 pm

I have several multicam clips to edit, all about 30-60 minutes in length. Source material is from two XDCAM EX-3's shooting 1080/30P. First program went fine. Second was going great, but near the end I lost my multicam viewer and can't get it back. I have the same multicam source material on another timeline in the same project and it's fine with the multicam viewer working normally. Any suggestions on how to get my multicam viewer back...I still have a half dozen or so more cuts to make. And of course. how do I ovoid the problem or fix it?

Thx...jim Watt

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Mac HD/3 TB Fusion
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
Video Drives: 6TB Raid “0” in OWC Raid Housing
Write Speed: 328 MB/s
Read 333.7 MB/s
4TB G-Raid
Write 245.9
Read 258.0
Creative Suite CC 2015, Premier V9, Paper Plain

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Multicam monitor disappeared
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 12:48:54 pm

[Jim Watt] "Any suggestions on how to get my multicam viewer back."

Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious but SHIFT + 0 (zero) toggles the multicam viewer off and on.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Jim WattRe: Multicam monitor disappeared
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 12:58:00 pm

Yep. Tried that.

Thx...jw

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2015 at 1:26:38 pm

[Jim Watt] "Yep. Tried that."

I'm assuming that your not talking about an empty preview monitor, but rather no preview monitor at all. If so it sounds like a corrupted timeline - I use multicam all the time and I've never seen that behavior. If you create a new editing timeline and copy the cut sections over what happens?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2015 at 2:38:11 pm

I wish it were that simple. What happens and it has happened on several different timelines, everything is working normally with the multicam monitor showing both clips and the timeline clip in a double window monitor, I get all the way through a 45-50 minute sequence making cuts adjusting them, etc..

This is an audience presentation with a large screen on which appears Power Point slides that are dim and not all that readable, so I then go back and start laying in the PP slide on video 2, size it, do a little 3D and transform to get it on the wall in the correct proportions. Somewhere along the line I lose the two source camera clips in the multicam monitor so I have a black frame on the left and the timeline on the right. Sometimes the two source clips will come back, but I haven't nailed down what brings them back. Turning multicam on and off doesn't seem to have any effect. Restarting nor trashing preferences doesn't change it either.

Source video is 1920/1080, 30P on a prores 422 timeline.

thx...jw

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2015 at 2:50:51 pm

[Jim Watt] " Somewhere along the line I lose the two source camera clips in the multicam monitor so I have a black frame on the left and the timeline on the right."

Jim, do you realize that the multicam window only shows the lowest toggled track? If your track targeting changes to show track 2 as multicam, meaning track 1 is toggled off, it will show black when you play sections of the timeline with your multicam is only on track 1.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:12:15 pm

That was it...I knew it was something simple, just to wrapped up in the edit to think of it. Thanks & sorry for the trouble. Same old, same old...can't see the forest for the tress!

thx...jw

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:20:41 pm

[Jim Watt] " Thanks & sorry for the trouble"

No trouble at all. It's always the obvious things that make you crazy.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]